POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Re: ..triangle? For Tim, ABX, Christopher : Re: ..triangle? For Tim, ABX, Christopher Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ..triangle? For Tim, ABX, Christopher
From: Jaap Frank
Date: 8 Jul 2003 14:10:21
Message: <3f0b090d@news.povray.org>
"ABX" <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:42:42 +0200, "Jaap Frank" <jjf### [at] xs4allnl> wrote:
> > I think ABX is suggesting that there is no definite front or
> > back side and this correspond with my example file.
>
> What I'm suggesting is that you shouldn't rely on such definition because of the
> nature of triangle.
>
> > Did you try this file?
>
> No. Because assuming the reference I posted I would drop it and use
> "workaround". What about plane with well defined inside clipped_by union of
> three planes to form triangle (+ manually bounded_by). Do you need more
> triangles? IIRC mesh{} can "find" its inside using inside_vector.
>
> ABX

Thanks ABX,

I am working with a closed mesh() and wanted to see if there were holes in it
(I think there are) and used 'interior_texture'. It gave many triangles with the
'interior_texture'. If I altered the sequence of the vertices of some triangles,
it didn't matter much. Some did change, but other didn't.
I did remember something about 'clock wise' or 'counter clock wise' but
my example file told me something different. That's why I asked.
I will try the 'inside_vector' and see if it helps.

Thanks any way.

Jaap Frank